Unstable and windy weather closed Al-Dekhiela and Alexandria ports on the north coast while extremely cold weather was expected across Egypt Thursday.
Egypt’s Red Sea Port Authority also said that Sharm El-Sheikh port was closed Thursday due to bad weather.
Other ports are expected to close throughout the day as a preventive measure to maintain the safety of maritime navigation.
Winds carrying sand and dust hit parts of the country starting Wednesday, leading to low visibility and cold temperatures.
The head of Egypt’s Meteorological Authority (EMA), Ahmed Abdel-Aal, said that windy weather is expected to continue in Egypt on Thursday.
He also warned of turbulent maritime navigation in the Mediterranean.
The EMA said expected temperatures for Thursday are:
- Cairo: Highs of 17 degrees, lows of 11 degrees
- Alexandria: Highs of 17, lows of 8
- North Sinai: Highs of 19, lows of 9
- South Sinai: Highs of 22, lows of 14
- North Upper Egypt: Highs of 17, lows of 7